Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Temptation everywhere I look!
I swear I'm going to have to delete all the blogs out of my blogrolling and quit reading people's blogs! I had already decided to download and save the alphabet series that Erica Michaels has been doing and stitch up the little book, but today I was reading Autumn's blog and she posted about another alphabet book called "Stitcher's Alphabet." I'm now convinced that I'm SABLE beyond 2 lifetimes and am now starting to worry if I'll ever get it all stitched. At least they're both freebies!

I always had dreams that after Husband retired I'd be sitting at home and stitching while Husband worked on his own miniature model hobby. Now I see that's not to be. I mean, if I quit working I won't be able to afford to buy all the wonderful things I keep seeing out there! LOL And to make matters worse, yesterday I got a raise and when I told Husband he informed me he's going to be a kept man when he retires. Ha, ha, ha. Little does he know that if he wants to be kept by me I'll turn him into a healthy cooking, floor scrubbing, laundry folding, cabana boy toy ;)

As to the raise, I was surprised by it. Boss had told me when I started that once I had been here 3 months we'd talk about a pay increase. I had decided to hold of until later this week to talk to him about it since we're hot and heavy into trial preparation right now and we barely have time to say "good morning" to each other. When I was preparing payroll yesterday he sent me a memo to give myself and another employee a raise. Not only was it a suprised that he remembered I'd been here 3 months, but the fact that he did it without my talking to him, well, I don't know exactly what to say, but considering that I fought and begged for a raise for 6 months at my past job, I'm happy that I decided to take this one. And it was retroactive, so it'll help pay for Vegas :)

Thank you to those who have asked about the health problems I've alluded to. I had some tests run at the hospital on Monday (yes, the day after I got back from Vegas) and have some more scheduled for the 25th. The word "hysterectomy" has been brought up, and I really don't know if I want to go that route. Quite frankly, I'm scared to death (and have been for 2 weeks now) of having surgery. I know I have great support in my 2 best friends (Melissa and Stephanie) and my husband and I'm trying to have faith in my doctor, but my symptoms have been ongoing for almost 4 weeks and it's been very wearing, to say the least.

The hardest part of it right now is the fatigue. I really wanted to do the tourist thing in Vegas, but there was no way. I was so tired on Monday that I slept hard during the afternoon for 3 hours and then went to bed at my regular time and had no trouble going to sleep. Last night I was so tired when driving home from work that I was afraid I was going to fall asleep at the wheel. This morning I feel like I've only gotten 3-4 hours of sleep.

I'm also worried about having to take off work for however long recovery time would be, being my job is so new. So, that's what's been going on. If I do have to have surgery I'm hoping that I can put it off until the end of May so I can at least finish this college term. I was planning to take the summer off anyway because of the classes (or lack of) being offered that I still need.
 
posted by Terri at 8:36 AM |