Thursday, October 27, 2005
Sunday and STASH
I’d set my alarm to be sure I didn’t sleep late.  I very rarely do, but you know how Murphy’s Law works.  Check out time was 11:00 and I had plenty of time to spread everything out all over my room and start packing from scratch.  

I brought one carryon suitcase and a smallish canvas bag with me.  

I purchased a rather tall bag with wheels on the bottom at the market the first day there because my arm was killing me with everything I was carrying.  I packed it full for the return trip.

Breakfast was a quick carrot muffin and coffee from Starbucks and Ann and daughter B were there when I arrived.  

This was sort of the farewell tour around the market.  I made sure I found Dimples’ Terry, Enchanting Lair Laura, Silver Lining Marc and Liz Turner-Diehl to tell them goodbye.  I ran into another stitcher (Hi! Cari!) and was so sorry I only got to talk to her for a few minutes instead of seeing her off and on the whole weekend (Sunday was her only day there).  I ran into Sue again and we had a good time shopping one last time until she had to head to her class, and I went and grabbed some lunch.

4 different football games were going, the food was plentiful and good.  We headed up to the Stitchers’ Lounge afterwards and watched the end of the NASCAR (boo Jeff Gordon!) and stitched until it was time to head to the airport, which was about 5 minutes away.

I had a great weekend.  I knew I’d spent more than I should have, but when I checked my CC balance Monday morning it said I had 0 available.  Talk about heart failure!  LOL  The bank was having some computer problems and the balance was corrected later that evening.  Whew!

So, what did I buy?  In addition to 4 gift items:

Rolling Bag
2 scissor point protectors
6” qsnaps

Stoney Creek
Sep/Oct 2002 Magazine
Dec 2003 Magazine

The Sweetheart Tree
Simply Romantic kit (special edition)
The Love Sampler
Antique Elegance kit (I started this there)
Hearts and Flowers kit
Sweet Valentines
Tudor Rose (RAK from Ann)
Enchantment
Pumpkin Kitty

Enchanting Lair
Goodfortune Fish
The Five Elements and specialty fibers
Autumn Dragon (new design)

Dimple Designs
United
Bee Collection (was on my wish list)
Mini Ladybugs 1

The Silver Lining
Villa Borghese Dragons (new design)
FQ 25 ct. “Storm” Lugana (for dragons and Tour Des Marques)
FQ 28 ct. “Queen Anne’s Lace” Jobelan

Laura Perin Designs
Single Wedding Ring
Canvas
2 of Laura’s specialty died fibers
4 skeins of #5 perle

Rouge du Rhin
ABC Festonné

Liz Turner-Diehl
Silk and beaded cell phone necklace

So now I’m back to spending no money until April.  I think I may just have enough stash  to last me till then :)
 
posted by Terri at 7:29 AM |