Monday, December 13, 2004
Let's talk stitching
Since I am not actually doing any stitching, I'll just catch up on my SQOTW

Hand-dyed fabric
Hand-dyed fabrics - love 'em or hate 'em? If you love them, what kind/colours do you have?


I love hand-dyeds and have almost every color of the rainbow in my stash. I've purshased from several different company (some I would NOT recommmend due to horrible customer service). The last two pieces of hand-dyed I received were for Fairy Moon and Mermaid of the Pearls.

Stitching and learning
Do you know it all or is there something out in the stitching world you still want to know how to do?


I guess since I contributed this one, I should definately answer it! LOL At the time I contributed this question I was feeling rather 'tired' of my stitching. I feel like there's so much out there that if I continue to try to learn it all I'll never get anything done. Maybe I've met my saturation point. Right now I don't know if there is anything else out there that I want to learn.

Stitching as a dangerous sport
What has been your most interesting stitching related injury?


Oh man did I have an awful injury! I used to be one of those stitchers who stuck her unthreaded needles in the arms of her chair. One day I forgot about that and put my hand down to push myself out of the chair. I rammed a needle, eye first, into the palm of my hand up by the pad at the base of my pointer finger. Freaked me out. I had to use a pair of tweezers to get a grip on it to pull it out. My hand hurt me for a very long time and I constantly worried about an infection. Needless to say I don't do that anymore.

Stitching Obligations
Obligation Stitching: Yes? No? Maybe?


Yes. I'm currently in two round robins. Anything that has a deadline is an obligation. After these two are over I may participate in an ornament round robin again, but that's the only kind.

And that concludes my blogging for the day. Gotta go study for my BusEng exam.
 
posted by Terri at 8:59 AM |