Wednesday, September 15, 2004
The unexpected always gets in the way
Today is National POW/MIA Recognition Day.



A needle pulling thread. That's what I'm supposed to be doing. Stitching. But it seems that every time I get ready to stitch something else comes up. It's getting a little aggravating, and is partly my own fault. I guess this is one of those times when I'm crawling on my hands and knees.



We had a quiz in Business English yesterday that ticked off the whole class. Class was canceled last Thursday and after her apologies the instructor informs us we're having a quiz. It was hard! I fretted over a couple of the answers (which I got wrong) and when I finally gave up, and turned my paper over along with the other students, we were informed it didn't count. I couldn't believe how angry I felt! Why do that to us? After she told us the correct answers, and why she gave us the quiz (I was angry and can't remember this part), she merrily went on her way handing out more study sheets and telling us to read it, not to worry that we wouldn't understand half of it, and we'd talk about it next class. My table mate and I just looked at each other with these stunned expressions. Makes our 1st mid-term test a little frightening.



Son came draggin in at 1:30 this morning, waking up the dog, thus waking up everyone, and informed my groggy self that he'd just spent the past hour in the back of a cop car convincing them that he and K were not car theives. Sigh.



Today is my first real payday at the new job. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of my check (automatic deposit) and felt a huge worry boulder lift. I balanced my account first thing this morning! I now know I can meet my personal financial obligations, put a little in savings and pay some extra toward CCs. Must resist the clickie finger temptations. That I can think of I only have 2 more stash expenses; fabric for 2 of my Mira queens and the final SMF collaboration pack I reserved at the first of the year.



Husband is counting down the days till Jimmy Buffet tickets go on sale (Sept 19). I am counting down the days till his promotion board starts to meet (Oct 1). I've already put out feelers to one of the places I know we could be sent, promotion or not.
 
posted by Terri at 8:18 AM |