Monday, September 13, 2004
I never did get around to answering last week’s QOTW…

so I better answer this week's before it gets away from me too!

Do you stitch small projects one at a time that you can finish quickly, have numerous large projects going at once that you rotate, or both? How does your current system work for you and have you thought about changing it?

I am a rotator. I stitch all sizes of projects, but have more large and medium size projects than small ones. I really need to incorporate some of my smaller designs into my stitching plans so I can have a few more finishes.

Up until about a month ago, I used to rotate 6 projects that I just wanted to stitch. If a new design came out that I liked, I started kitting it up and if I felt like starting it after all the supplies were gathered, I bumped something from my rotation and started the new one. I don't do requests (unless it's a model) so rarely do I stitch something that has to be completed by a certain time, so it was no big deal.

But as I said that was about a month ago. That has now changed.

Husband may retire in a little over a year so I decided to get my behind in gear and go back to school (again) full time. I always said my 'career' would start when he retired so I could settle into a position somewhere and stay there. A lot of the classes I need interfered with my bookstore hours, so I kind of started looking for another job. In addition to getting my school finished I desperately wanted to get rid of my credit card debt.

About this time, one of the stitchers on the Rotation BB said she had come up with a new way to reduce her stash - the Stash Reduction Implementation Plan - she called herself a StRIPper. Several others chimed in on what a great idea it was and jumped on the bandwagon. I am now a StRIPper. This was perfect timing for me since I did get a new job (fell in my lap actually) which not only reduced the hours I was working each week, giving me more time to study as a full time student and giving me more time to stitch, but it also considerably reduced the amount of money I was bringing home on payday giving me less money to spend on ‘frivolous’ things, giving me more incentive to stitch what I had (and believe me I have a LOT!).



I had a dentist appointment this morning. It’s my follow up appt after a second treatment on my bones. It’s looking well enough that I don’t have to have the same treatment but I did get a prescription that I’m supposed to use every night before I go to bed. Then it’s back to the dentist in a month.



My little Bandit has turned into such a goof! Italian Greyhounds are not supposed to like getting wet. My stinker doesn’t like to get wet if it’s in the bathtub, or if the sprinkler is going, but he loves the water hose! He will chase the stream of water all over the yard running in and out of it and trying to drink it. If you stop in one spot he’ll sit there and try to bite the water. He makes us laugh so hard that the neighbors came out to see what we were laughing about! He is a goof! And he’s stubborn and he’s pushy, a couple of other traits I read about the breed. He’s also a sneak! We now know that if he’s quietly going out his doggy door, he’s up to no good, usually involving the trash or a piece of paper he found somewhere that needs to be shredded into a gazillion pieces.
 
posted by Terri at 7:06 AM |