Sunday, September 12, 2004
3 weeks into my internship...

and I'm shocked at how slow I'm learning. I love it! I just knew I'd get in there and they'd start throwing things at me assuming I'd know how to do it since I'd been a legal secretary for 2 1/2 years. I am so happy with the pace of things. Of course, I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already. I started my coursework journal on Thursday and now have some work product to portfolio. The senior paralegal has begun talking to me about job searching for a full-time position. I asked her if she was trying to get rid of me already and she said she didn't think I'd want to stay part time and this position will only ever be part time. She also told me to go in there and demand a raise the very last day of my class! LOL I really like working with her.

Son had to go back to the dentist yesterday. One of his sockets is not healing properly from his wisdom teeth extraction. He's now back on antibiotics and vicodin. Husband and doc said he's probably not keeping himself hydrated enough. So now we're pestering him to drink water, etc. Kinda hard to do tho when he's surfing all the time, and I know that's one of the reasons he's not hydrated properly.

Football season has started! GEAUX TIGERS! Yesterday was a romp and stomp over Arkansas State. Grrrr!!! Today is the Texans/Chargers game. I AM A TEXANS FAN! and I know I should pull for the Chargers, living here and all, but not today. The Chargers are just bad enough that the Texans just may win. I was fortunate enough to see the Texans lose to the Chargers their first season out.

Must get some homework, laundry and groceries taken care of today.


1:31 p.m.

Poo poo head Texans! I can't believe they let the Chargers beat them. 4 turnovers! Aaaaaaarrgh! And the lost too!

Groceries are bought, laundry and homework started. Blech.
 
posted by Terri at 8:44 AM |