Thursday, October 26, 2006
SBQ - Samplers
I am terrible about answering the SBQ each week. So many times I see everyone's answers and they're the same as mine would be, so I don't bother answering for fear someone might think I cut and paste their answer into mine! Just kidding, sort of :)

But this week is another question near and dear to my heart! Samplers!
If you were to come across a sampler chart that caught your eye and appealed to you, would you or would you not stitch it if it had a morbid or "creepy" saying on it? If not, why?
I don't think I've ever come across a sampler that turned me off because of the saying. Sometimes I don't completely grasp what the stitcher is saying, especially if it's a repro sampler, but I'm more likely to be turned off of a sampler because of the "picture" which is the case with a large sampler released earlier this year. There is one "picture" on that sampler that, to me, does not jive with the rest of the design. I like the other portions of the sampler and could see them stitched individually so it has been moved to the bottom of my wish list. However, because of the price, it's so far to the bottom of said list that I haven't even written it down! LOL

But back to the question. I love the morbid pithies and the tombstone samplers because of their sayings, and they are a little off. Is that a reflection on my own personality? Am I a little off? Probably, but to each their own :)
 
posted by Terri at 8:24 AM |