Thursday, August 17, 2006
Just checking in!
I AM TIRED!

We have a huge trial starting tomorrow and the stress level at work is beyond the top of the meter. While you never really want to go to trial, once you get there you know you've done everything you can for the client and it's time to lay it all out for his/her peers to see. Since there's no school this week and Husband is away, I've been able to stay as late as I'm needed at work guilt free.

Speaking of school, grades have been posted and I got an *A* in my Alternative Dispute Resolution class. 2 more classes to go! Woohoo!

I also received an email from my advisor that an internship with the Small Claims Court is going forward and there will be opportunities to train as a mediator. I'm seriously thinking of looking into this.

I'm also registered for next term. I'm going to take a Business Organization class with an emphasis on corporate law. We'll cover things like sole proprietorship, partnerships, and corporations, probably focusing on corporate formation and compliance. The last firm I worked at this is one of the things the attorney did but the other paralegal handled this part. I know just enough about it to know what is being talked about. The best thing about the class is that it doesn't start until 8 p.m. so I won't be rushed to get there from work. The worst thing about the class is that it ends at 10 p.m. Yawn! LOL
 
posted by Terri at 8:54 AM |