Friday, August 04, 2006
I thought today would never get here!
Not that anything exciting is supposed to happen today...it's just Friday!

The next couple of weeks are going to be interesting. This weekend I’ll be finishing my written presentation, organizing my oral presentation and finding the last answer to my take-home final (all due Wednesday night) all while trying to get Husband packed and prepared for his trips. Yep - 3 of them. Back to back!

He’s flying out on Sunday and back the next Saturday and then the next day he’s driving south to stay in a hotel about 10 minutes away from where I work for a whole week. He’ll return from there on Friday, will be home until Wednesday, then leave again for 3 weeks. That pretty much takes care of August. He’ll be home most of September but toward the end of the month he’s leaving again for 6 weeks in Yuma.

How horrible is it that I’m looking forward to him being gone? Not that I want him away, it’s just I’m looking forward to the down time his being gone gives me. No cooking necessary if I don’t feel like it. Less than half the laundry. I turn into a hermit and never leave the house if I can get away with it! LOL

I wish I could say I’ll stitch the whole time he’s gone but I know that won’t happen since I’ll only have 11 days of his time away where I won’t have school commitments. But since my Fall term class starts on August 21 I’m going to try to stitch as much as possible.

I’ve joined the land of the 100 things in 1001 days and see potential to accomplish a couple of things on my list while he’s gone. Go to the movies by myself, and take a road trip by myself. I may take a long weekend, pack Bandit up and drive to Yuma.

TGIF. I have nothing but filing to do at work today. I’ve taken over the calendaring and thought it would take me a week to get that caught up and reorganized but it only took me ½ a day so I have a feeling it’s going to be a long day.

Oh and I had the most fun on the way home last night. I rode the train with all the baseball fans returning from the game. Standing room only. Very interesting! LOL
 
posted by Terri at 8:58 AM |