Sunday, July 02, 2006
Groovin'
Most people complain that their life has fallen into a rut.  I personally like the rut my life is normally in.  I’m not exactly fond of the unknown.  I like to be in control, and since mid-March I really haven’t been in control and have had no calm routine.

Things are finally settling down again, and I see my rut!  I’m back in school, I know what’s wrong with me - and what needs to be done to treat it - and I feel like stitching again.  I can start setting goals again!

First, school.  I’m so glad I decided to take this class.  When I showed up Wednesday night I found out that not only was the professor cutting out half the curriculum, he was also taking out 3 of the class appearances, giving us our mid-term to take home and complete in the next 3 weeks, and the final would be a 10-page research paper on anything of our choice.  Piece.Of.Cake.  He also told me again that he would approve my challenges and asked me to call him on Monday to remind him to pull my paperwork so he would have it this next Wednesday.

Health.  I am assuming, since I have not heard back from my doctor, that my test results from my last biopsy were negative.  He had told me he would be calling me immediately if they came back positive.  Since I’m still a little gun-shy after dealing with the other doctor, I will be calling to confirm that this next week.  Next term’s courses have already been announced.  There are 2 classes I’m interested in and depending on which one I choose, classes will end for me by December 12.  I will be requesting my surgery to be as close to that date as possible so I will have as much recovery time as possible before the next term starts.

Stitching.  I have completely ignored my stitching “routine” for the past couple of months.  I now feel ready to get back into the swing of things with that and figured since this is the beginning of July I’ll start tracking my stitching time again.  I’m still not quite ready to go back to rotating through several projects, though.  I’ve continued to sort through my stash and will be putting a bunch of stuff up for sale.  I’m trying to be realistic in what I will/won’t stitch.  I’m currently involved in a Quaker-style round robin and have Blackbird Designs’ “Strawberry Garden” as a WIP.

Last, but certainly not least, Friday was my birthday and I can think of no better way to spend it than the way I did.  Melissa and I went to see “The Devil Wears Prada” and then we gossiped the afternoon away.  She spoiled me rotten with several gifts but the best were the hand-made card, scissor fob, and the CD she cut for me with “I Love Paris in the Spring.”  Thanks so much sweet friend…you’re the best!

 
posted by Terri at 7:32 AM |