Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Needles and stuff
In an effort to get back into the swing of things, I thought I'd answer this week's SBQ, which I haven't done in a very long time.
How many needles do you use during a project? Have you ever loaded up a needle for every color? Do you use a new needle for every project or recycle your favorite needle?
I normally use just 1 needle during a project; however, if there's beading, I'll have a beading needle on standby. I tried using more than one needle loaded up when I started my first TW design, but it got too cumbersome for me to keep up with them. Most of my WIPs have a needle stuck in the upper left hand corner of the fabric when they're put away. If I finish that project the needle goes into my beaded needle case (I buy needles by the bulk).

Now that I've graduated and have crossed that long term goal off my list, I've kicked it up a notch on my next long term. Moving to Louisiana. I'm determined to get as much debt paid off as possible in the next 400-and something days. I already have 10% of a downpayment for a new home saved up, and Husband is working on the other 10%. We're doing really well.

In an effort to keep paying down my debt, I'm going to continue to stick to my no new stash goal (which I've done surprisingly well at) and I'm going to skip CATS this year. I thought very seriously about taking a stitching seminar that's happening in New Orleans next February, but again, I just don't want to spend the $900 for the class/lodging and then the howevermuch for travel and meals. I'll be living close enough to New Orleans to visit there frequently in a little more than a year, so I can hold off using that as an excuse.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Terri at 11:20 AM |